Educational play creates life-changing moments.
This is a different kind of farm visit!
Who knew learning about livestock and agriculture could be so fun? We did! Which is why we created Kids Cows & More – a fun and educational farm experience for all ages and abilities.
Our one-of-a-kind farm in Schulenburg, TX, offers the perfect balance of learning and fun with hands-on experiences and activities to see how agriculture impacts daily life.
We believe it is important for guests to experience life on the farm and do what we can to allow them to safely interact with our farm animals.
Educational Farm Visit Details
- Guided tour through three coordinated learning activities and enjoying a free-play area. We follow a timed rotation schedule to allow all groups to engage in all activities.
- Activities and discussion of agriculture, lifecycle, and farm life topics that meet STEM TEKS
- Hands-on ‘meet and greet’ with animals – cows, chickens, pigs, sheep, goats, rabbits
- Free-play to conquer a hay pyramid, climb a tractor tire mountain, practice calf roping, dig in a sand pit, ride wagon wheel seesaws, and run out the wiggles
- Touring 50-acre farm in a tractor-pulled hay wagon
- Enjoy your sack lunches under the oak trees
- We offer educational farm visits Wednesdays and Fridays – 10am-2pm based on availability. We combine smaller groups together on one day to maximize our volunteer staffing.
- Our farm visits are a combination of guided learning activities and free-play. We offer hands-on, experience based learning activities for our guests.
- So that everyone can safely engage with the farm animals in the stall areas, large groups (30+ students) are divided up into smaller groups of 25-30 students and rotate through 3 guided learning stations. We follow a timed rotation to allow all groups to engage in all activities.
- All guests 3 years and older need a ticket. For school field trips our General Admission tickets are discounted to $8 for students (3-17 years old) and $10 for adults (teachers, aides, chaperones, parents).
- Most groups find one adult for every 10-15 students/children works well. We divide larger groups into sections of 25-30 students for activities and having 2 adults per group is preferred.
- Please bring a sack lunch to enjoy at picnic tables under the oak trees.
- Payment is needed to receive a confirmed reservation. There is a $250 cancelation fee within 7 days of your scheduled visit. We accept checks and credit cards (there is a small credit card convenience fee to cover processing charges)
- A Primary Contact name and mobile phone number (group leader) are needed for communication regarding weather updates, invoicing, attendance, etc.
- A signed Farm Visit Release is required for all guests (students, teachers, chaperones, etc.) During check-in, the signed releases will be exchanged for activity wristbands.
- Teachers/chaperones are to accompany students throughout the farm and to all activities to assure proper supervision and safety (this includes the restroom and hand-wash station).
- If guests are allergic to hay, insects, etc., please bring their appropriate medication.
- Please plan to stop at a high-capacity restroom facility on your way to the farm, we have limited facilities and it will result in very long lines if all groups need to use the facilities upon arrival. A single occupancy restroom is located in the barn near the front doors and a handicap accessible portable restroom is available on the property.
- All activities close at 1:30pm to allow time to clean up your picnic area and return to the bus (except the hayride which closes at 1:00pm).
- The farm gate opens at 10am and closes at 2pm.
You will have a confirmed reservation once initial payment is received.
Approximately 14 days prior to your scheduled visit, you will receive an email with links to a Farm Visit Planning Guide and Farm Visit Release form. A signed Farm Visit Release form is required for all guests, children and adults.
When you arrive at the farm we will exchange the signed Farm Visit Release forms for color-coded activity wristbands.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Field trips are 4 hours in duration and start at 10am on Wednesdays and Fridays.
To submit a request for a specific day
- Click the date on the calendar
- Click the 10:00 am time slot under “What time works best” (our standard start time)
- A pop-up form will appear
- Complete all required fields (*), if you have additional needs or questions please include those in the Questions & Comments section of the form, check the Data Privacy box, and click Submit
- We will contact you via the email address provided in the form
If you would like more information, have questions, or would like to request a date not shown as available on the calendar, submit a contact request below.